Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager
|Position Title:||Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager|
|Reports to:||Maintenance Division Manager|
|Date Prepared:||April 2012|
LANDSCAPE CREW MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Landscape Crew Manager is the primary contact to the client and is the front-line leader in the performance and delivery of high quality landscape maintenance services provided by the company. The Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager safely performs, supervises and coordinates activities of a 2-3 person crew, in accordance with contract agreement, within given budgeted parameters and always in a professional manner.
LANDSCAPE CREW MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Landscape Crew Manager Provides Excellence in Client Service
- Landscape crew manager meets all deadlines with minimum change and with prior notice.
- Provides proactive solutions to job challenges and communicates these to all appropriate and necessary parties in a timely manner.
- Provides documentation of work completed to the Company.
- Responds to warranty issues promptly and within given guidelines.
- Promotes a positive professional image including, but not limited to clean trucks, properly worn uniforms, and job site cleanliness, as deemed necessary by the Maintenance Division Manager.
Landscape Crew Manager is Responsible for Account Management & Execution
- Landscape crew manager plans, delegates and executes all activities associated with the given accounts, including, but not limited to: pruning, mowing, edging, fertilization, watering, site clean-up, pest management and all other plant health care functions assigned.
- Participates in, and, as assigned, leads a team in snow removal activities.
- Communicates job work orders to team members daily.
- Receives a minimum of 90% score on job inspections.
- Manages and meets or exceeds given job hours for a given period of time.
- Ensures jobsite and yard facilities remain neat and orderly with equipment and materials discarded or stored properly.
- Reports progress of accounts to Maintenance Division Manager and other appropriate employees on a regular periodic basis and as requested.
- Provides insight and solutions to challenges and opportunities as they arise on the accounts.
- Landscape crew manager Ensures that all business activities are completed in a safe manner.
- Ensures team members are aware of all job hazards and provides preventative training and controls to minimize risk.
- Trains all team members on company safety program and policies to ensure compliance.
- Documents all safety training and ensure employees sign off on all training provided. Turns documentation in to Office/HR Manager.
- Conducts bi-monthly safety training as assigned by the Maintenance Division Manager.
- Reports immediately to Maintenance Division Manager and documents within 24 hours, all safety infractions, incidents, personal injuries and/or vehicular/equipment accidents.
- Takes safety corrective action and conducts re-training following all safety infractions or accidents.
Financial Control and Profitability
- Landscape crew manager maintains accurate timesheets turned in daily by end of working day to the Office/HR Manager.
- Completes and maintains inventory data for tools, equipment and materials on a continuous basis.
- Accurately completes and turns in inventory tracking sheets for necessary bulk items at the time of use.
- Accurately completes job hours report and turn into the Office/HR manager on time.
- Promotes new opportunities and solutions and brings these to the attention of the Division Manager for follow-up.
Personnel Management & Team Building
- Landscape crew manager ensures that all team members are aware of and are in attendance at scheduled team, safety, and production meetings.
- Communicates individual performance expectations to each team member by use of written job descriptions .
- Trains assigned team members on job skills necessary to become proficient at their given job responsibilities.
- Teaches team members proper horticultural practices using industry specifications and company standards.
- Trains team members on proper and safe use of assigned equipment prior to and during use.
- Conducts six months and annual performance reviews for all crew team members and turns in reviews to Maintenance Division Manager within two (2) weeks of the review date.
- Completes and returns status change forms in within 24 hours of a status change for assigned team members.
- Discusses and documents any unsatisfactory performance or infractions of company policies and/or procedures with Maintenance Division Manager.
- Conducts wage reviews for all team members using company wage guidelines and wage review system.
- Assists with recruiting new employees to the team and company by being a Sphere of Influence.
- Interviews, selects and hires crewmembers as needed with the assistance of Maintenance Division Manager
- Terminates team members when necessary using company guidelines and with approval from the Maintenance Division Manager and/or Office/HR Manager.
- Retains team of employees at a level of 90% within a given season (February – December).
Tools, Equipment and Vehicle Management
Ensures team members are properly trained on any equipment, vehicle or tool and that they have approval of use prior to conducting the work assigned.
- Demonstrates good care, cleanliness and custody of truck, trailer, tools and equipment by following preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintains a valid and appropriate driver’s license for the vehicle being driven. Maintains an acceptable Government Motor Vehicle record that meets acceptable company criteria at all times, regardless of driving during work hours or non-work hours. Submits a new Government Motor Vehicle record every year.
- Understands and conducts ‘Daily Circle Check’ prior to time of use for all equipment and vehicles.
- Understands and follows State Weight Station requirements and procedures, as required by law.
- Follows and trains assigned team members on the company procedures for a vehicle breakdown or accident.
- As assigned, follows the given procedures for the usage of snow and ice equipment.
- Follows the given procedures for requesting service and/or repair work from the shop mechanic.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all policies stated within the company Employee Handbook.
- High School diploma required, horticulture degree or a 2-4 or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on landscape maintenance experience, including snow removal duties, with at least one year of supervisory experience and/or equivalent leadership training
- Must be able to read, write and converse in fluent English with clients, co-workers, government representative and the public at-large.
- Possess basic English conversational skills.
Physical Demands and Work environment
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. Occasionally, employee will sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees in this position are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, wind and rain. Employees are occasionally are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of shock. Employees are frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Special Skills and Licensure
- Ability to read and interpret landscape blue prints.
- Successful completion of CLT exam within 3 years of employment within the position
- Must possess a valid, clean driving record for appropriate vehicle; may require medical certification if driving equipment over 10,000 lbs. in compliance with Federal DOT regulation.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR Certified within one year of being in the position
Contact us to Apply!