Landscape Maintenance Crewperson Level II
|Position Title:||Landscape Maintenance Crewperson ? Level II|
|Reports to:||Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager|
|Date Prepared:||April 2012|
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE CREW PERSON LEVEL II
The primary role of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Person II is to serve as a team member to provide horticulture best practices at the direction of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager that fulfill the contracted obligations agreed upon by the clients and serve the best interests of the organization. The Crewperson II will demonstrate proficiency in routine landscape practices and will possesses more advanced horticultural knowledge, including the safe and proper use of more challenging tools and equipment. The Crewperson II will have emerging leadership abilities and will lead others by example and through specific coaching.
The Landscape Maintenance Crew Person II recognizes that successfully meeting client and company expectations supports the future stability and growth of the organization and their own future employment opportunities. A principal company value for all positions is that each individual shall promote a positive company image with clients, among fellow employees, and with the general public. We value each person as a contributing team member within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Exceptional Client Service
- Landscape maintenance crew person must be polite, cooperative and attentive to client?s requests.
- Ensure arrival each day in a clean uniform and ensure professional dress and conduct at all times during working hours.
- Fulfill required job assignments using proper horticultural practices for all contracted work based on clients expectations.
- Ensure a positive and friendly demeanor and be approachable at all times – clients, employees and the general public.
- Follow company policy and procedures for managing client relations.
- Communicate all questions/concerns/complements from the client to the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager to ensure prompt company response.
- Notify Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager of any requested changes to the contract by the client prior to conducting the work.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and provide input to Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager on solutions/opportunities for improvement.
- Provide direction and guidance on proper client services issues to new crew members as needed and assigned.
Landscape Grounds Maintenance/Contract Execution
- Landscape maintenance crew person must arrive to assigned site in a timely manner, fully prepared for the workday.
- Ensure the jobsite is kept clean, safe and organized at all times.
- Load and unload as assigned all necessary equipment and materials from the trucks following established safety guidelines and solicit help from other team members when needed.
- Using sound horticulture practices, safely and proficiently perform all maintenance tasks assigned such as mowing, weeding, watering, mulching, pruning, edging, leaf removal, snow removal and any other task assigned by the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Complete all assigned work within in the allowable time estimated to complete the work. Notify Landscape Manager as promptly as possible if there are any changes to the estimated time for completion.
- Perform snow removal functions in addition to routine grounds maintenance activities as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning jobsite after the job is completed each day
- Provide assistance in coaching and supervising assigned crew people, maintaining a positive team environment.
Equipment &Tool Use and Care
- Landscape maintenance crew person must understand?and comply with all company policies and manufacturer procedures for use and care of equipment/tools.
- Understand the safety risks of each and comply with the safety procedures for use and care.
- Use and direct other crew members to use personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, appropriate clothing) as requested by the company and as recommended by OSHA standards. Know the location of first aid kits.
- Safely operate any assigned equipment and/or tools only after approval has been provided by the Landscape Maintenance
- Provide training and supervision to new operators of equipment and tools prior to assigning task
- Ensure that the maintenance and cleaning of equipment and tools is conducted by self and/or assigned team members in accordance to company policy and manufacturers operating procedures.
- Ensure the tools and equipment are stored safely on the truck/trailer, properly and kept in clean, good working condition.
- Ensure proper trucks to trailer hook-up procedures are followed for each use once training and acceptable proficiency is established by the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager for you and your assigned team members. Ensure training and supervision for new crew members.
- Secure unattended equipment and tools on the jobsite at all times.
- Report immediately to Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager any safety violations, accidents, theft or injuries.
Team Participation, Coaching and Communication
- Landscape maintenance crew person must be willing to accept directions from Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager for daily job assignments.
- Be willing to provide training and supervision to any assigned crew members either on a temporary or long-term basis.
- Provide suggestions for improvements to Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager to help problem-solve any obstacles that delay the service from being completed.
Team Participation, Coaching and Communication (Continued):
- Clarify any work instructions that you are uncertain about with your manager or assigned crew members prior to starting the assignment.
- Be respectful and tolerant of others behavior and views, but bring discrepancy with Company and/or team policy to the attention of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager as necessary.
- Be flexible and willing to shift from one crew to another when needed.
- Attend all company-related meetings as assigned and ensure that assigned team members are doing the same.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated horticulture-related course work a plus.
- Industry certification a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge/safe use of horticulture tools/equipment .
- A minimum of 2 years landscape maintenance crew experience required (full-service).
- Valid and appropriate driver’s license with an acceptable record may be required for the position if needed upon promotion.
- Effective supervisory experience a plus.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. Occasionally, employee will sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees in this position are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, wind and rain.? Employees are occasionally are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of shock. Employees are frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The Maintenance Crewperson II must possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to meet the daily expectations/goals established by Landscape Maintenance Manager and the company.
- Smoke-free office, vehicles and facilities
- Substance-free workplace
- Working in all seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather), including excessive heat and cold
- Willingness and ability to work 50-60 hours per week during peak season
Contact us to apply!