The primary function of the Accountant is to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the accounting functions necessary for fiscal responsibility on behalf of EEI, TSWC and Lighthouse which includes, but is not limited to, oversight of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, payroll, job costing, tax reporting, all financial record management, financial statement creation and reporting in a timely manner. The accountant shall ensure that all company financial transactions are conducted in an ethical and prudent manner and remain in compliance with all state/federal regulations and with the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The accountant will support the CFO by providing sound strategic financial leadership.
The accountant working with the CFO will serve as a hands-on financial leader with responsibility for oversight and protection of the assets of the organization. He/she will serve as a strategic business partner with the CFO to collaboratively develop and implement systems and organizational structure to support the overall business strategic plan. This forward-leaning individual will also assure the financial viability of the organization through proactive analysis and sound administration of policies and procedures. The accountant will work towards improving operational efficiency and meeting the challenging demands of our business.
- Assist in the day-to-day issues related to finance including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, payroll, audit, multiple currency management of funds and taxes.
- Assist in preparation of fiscal records, defines Key Performance Indicators, and interprets results; works closely with the company and CFO.
- Assist in oversight of audit & tax matters.
- Assist in annual budget process. Helps with short-and long-term financial health of organization.
- Assist in financial guidance to management on budgetary controls, costs, pricing, cost estimating or other special assignments.
- Assist in analyzing infrastructure and systems, aligned with organizational goals, to support the timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Assist in developing and overseeing an environment of strong internal controls across the organization.
- Maintains strong relationships across the organization and with the team to establish a reputation as a highly knowledgeable and responsive business partner.
- Assist in the continued improvement of the current financial planning, systems, and management tools and the capital and operating planning, budgeting, and reporting processes.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the organization’s performance financial and risk objectives.
- Ensure financial controls of all related financial business that are up-to-date and meet changing audit and/or requirements.
- Maintain a proactive and clearly communicated compliance program.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, investments, audit, tax, strategic planning, internal controls, risk management, data analytics, accounting system selection and multiple currencies and conversion.
- Broad tax and audit knowledge.
- Experience selecting and implementing accounting systems.
- Prior experience as finance or deep financial leadership experience, including at least 5 plus years of financial management.
- Possesses the vision and skill to link business goals with enabling business strategies.
- Ability to quickly become conversant in the organization’s work and to communicate with all relevant stakeholders.
In addition to the responsibilities and required knowledge and experience outlined above, there are several traits the successful candidate will possess:
- Consistent presence to lead discussions at all levels and across functional disciplines with an ability to explain complex information coherently.
- Adept at multi-tasking; one who thrives in an environment of rapid change.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong math analytical skills.
- Strong integrity work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to make things happen.
- Ability to train, develop and mentor staff.
- Team player and consensus builder who collaborates with others to achieve common goals.
- Dedicated to the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
- Business acumen has detail to analyze and assess specific tactical business issues and also comfortable operating at a strategic level.
- Results-oriented, with a track record of accomplishing objectives in a complex environment. Solid business judgment, high integrity, and a passion for protecting capital and increasing value.
- Financial and accounting acumen, including broad finance knowledge and experience providing value-added analytical insight and perspective. Experience with accounting/controls and financial analysis. Ability to analyze and report on complex financial activities of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Quick Books.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong academic credentials, including an advanced degree in finance or a related field, are preferred.