Reports to: Irrigation Director
Exemption Status: Exempt
In the role of Administrative Assistant, Irrigation Services, the primary function is to support the Irrigation Team and our company by administering, organizing, and maintaining irrigation services for our clients. We place a high value on communications and the efficient organization and sharing of information, so the ability to stay organized, be responsive, and proactively manage the job will be key.
We care about our employees, our clients, and our planet. We pride ourselves on creating a team environment and creating value for every individual in our company. We encourage creativity, innovation, and feedback, because we want to be the best irrigation company in Northern Virginia to work for.
If this is the work environment you’re looking for, we’d love to talk to you!
Management of Office Services
- Ensures phone and messaging systems are being responded to promptly and professionally and are functioning properly; ensures phones messages are conveyed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures incoming written communication is sorted and distributed in a timely manner to the appropriate individuals; creates and/or edits outgoing correspondence as required by management, including preparation of proposals for client presentation.
- Ensures office supplies are adequate to meet the immediate needs of the staff. Maintains and reports records of inventory and ensures costs stays within agreed budget.
- Maintaining, updating, and distributing employee apparel purchases
- Provide Info System Management for the general office including all BOSS related activities.
- Ensure all company forms are updated, accessible and maintained confidentially and appropriately.
- Schedules appointments with customers for repairs, startups, and winterization.
- Maintaining data in clients database.
- Help arranging work schedules.
- Maintain job site information up to date, create work tickets, and purchase orders. Allocate cost, and materials for billing purposes.
- Send client notifications weekly.
- Notify Miss Utility.
- Report Backflow checks to County Water Authorities.
- Prepare monthly expense reports.
- Provide Information regarding company system related activities.
- Experience in a professional office with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Must possess willingness toward personal development and growth and demonstrate a personal track record of activity and accomplishments in office management
- Demonstrated ability to work with people, both individually and as a group, and must be able to present or share information with a group with an acceptable level of confidence.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to remain focused and meet goals/deadlines in a hectic, busy office setting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude with a willingness to help others
- Proven track record of ability to work in a multi-task and fast-paced environment and be willing to contribute to the well-being of the organization.
Skills/Knowledge & Education
- Self-starter capable of meeting deadlines established by the company and clients.
- Must be capable of working with people in a team-based setting and one-one one with employees, including effective persuasive skills.
- Ability to write English sufficiently to correspond with clients and employees.
- Proficient understanding and usage (including development and printing of reports) of Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (e-mail) and BOSS or equivalent programs.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time to prepare proposals/ reports, attend meetings up to (a full day at a time, if necessary.
- Throughout a typical workday, must be able to periodically stoop, stretch and reach for office materials and supplies and lift supplies and equipment from at least 1 lb. – 25 lbs.
- Must possess sufficient correctable close vision to be able to read reports, plans and computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Must possess sufficient hearing to communicate with clients by phone and in face-to-face situations and crowded rooms/areas to hold conversations.
- Must be well-groomed and dressed in suitable business attire as specified in the employee and/or acceptable to ownership.