In this role of Administrative Assistant, the primary function is to support the Executive Team and the company by administering, organizing, and maintaining office, information and communication systems that will enable the company to run most efficiently.
Management of Office Services
Ensures phone and messaging systems are being responded to promptly and professionally and are functioning properly; ensures phones messages are conveyed accurately and in a timely manner. Putting people on hold for incoming phone calls.
- Ensures incoming written communication is sorted and distributed in a timely manner to the appropriate individuals; creates and/or edits outgoing correspondence as required by management and staff, including preparation of proposals for client presentation.
- Ensures office supplies are adequate to meet the immediate needs of the staff. Maintains and reports records of inventory and ensures costs stays within agreed budget.
- Managing vendor relationships for office support; pest/termite control, cleaning services, office machines, apparel supplier, IT support and all other related services.
- Maintaining, updating and distributing employee apparel purchases
- Provide Info System Management for the general office including all BOSS related activities.
- Ensure all company forms are updated, accessible and maintained confidentially and appropriately.
- Experience in a professional office with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Must possess willingness toward personal development and growth and demonstrate a personal track record of activity and accomplishments in human resources and office management
- Demonstrated ability to work with people, both individually and as a group, and must be able to present or share information with a group with an acceptable level of confidence.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to remain focused and meet goals/deadlines in a hectic, busy office setting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude with a willingness to help others
- Proven track record of ability to work in a multi-task and fast-paced environment and be willing to contribute to the well-being of the organization.
Skills/Knowledge & Education
- Self-starter capable of meeting deadlines established by the company and clients.
- Must be capable of working with people in a team-based setting and one-one one with employees, including effective persuasive skills
- Ability to write English sufficiently to correspond with clients and employees.
- Proficient understanding and usage (including development and printing of reports) of Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (e-mail) and BOSS or equivalent programs.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time to prepare proposals/ reports, attend meetings up to (a full day at a time, if necessary.
- Throughout a typical workday, must be able to periodically stoop, stretch and reach for office materials and supplies and lift supplies and equipment from at least 1 lb. – 25 lbs.
- Must possess sufficient correctable close vision to be able to read reports, plans and computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Must possess sufficient hearing to communicate with clients by phone and in face-to-face situations and crowded rooms/areas to hold conversations.
- Must be well-groomed and dressed in suitable business attire as specified in the employee and/or acceptable to ownership.