We’re searching for a dedicated IPM Manager to take a leadership role in providing our clients with the highest quality Integrated Pest Management and snow services available. As the IPM Manager, you will be one of our most important promoters, establishing relationships with clients and identifying new opportunities in each account. We will also count on you to build a team of highly-skilled individuals to fulfill workflow demands in keeping with the highest of standards—both yours and ours. To succeed in this role, you must be able to identify and treat diseases that affect plant material (trees and shrubs), turf, and grassy areas.
We are on a fast-growth track. As our IPM Manager, meeting client and company expectations will secure your reputation as a highly-skilled landscape professional in the DC area. The IPM Manager shall uphold our principal company value that everyone—particularly one in a leadership role—is expected to promote a positive company image with clients, among fellow employees, and with the public in general.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Workforce Planning, Management and Team Development
- Responsible for the active recruiting, interviewing, and selection of qualified candidates for the Technicians position and trains/coaches Techs once hired.
- Ensure the performance expectations, skills and knowledge of team members are meeting the needs of the work that is under contract. Annually review, update or develop written job responsibilities and performance expectations for each known position within the IPMteam with input from the HR Manager.
- Communicate job responsibilities and duties to direct team members by use of written job descriptions and ensure they are doing the same for their team members.
- Ensures that team members attend and participate in company meetings as requested.
- Assist in the development of and implement a workforce development program (training) designed to close the performance gaps for employees.
- Ensure all training is documented, signed by employee and recorded appropriately with assistance from the HR Manager.
- Conduct periodic hands-on skills assessments as necessary to ensure safety and proficiency of skills/knowledge. E
Job Description – IPM Manager
Workforce Planning, Management and Team Development (Continued):
- Conduct individual performance feedback reviews in a timely manner with team members utilizing company guidelines.
- Provide creative suggestions to develop and improve a reward and recognition system for individual employees and teams that achieve performance expectations.
- Ensure that any voluntary or involuntary employee status changes are communicated to appropriate parties in a timely manner (written documentation within 24 hours)
- Provide guidance and coaching that meets company expectations and allows the company to maintain compliance with federal, state and legal boundaries as necessary and appropriate, including communicating performance deficits, retraining and possible discipline and termination when necessary. Trains Techs.
- Conducts wage reviews for assigned Technicians using company wage guidelines and wage review system.
- Advises Technicians on conducting wage reviews with their team members using company wage guidelines and wage review system.
- Trains Technicians how to be recruiters for the team
- Responsible for maintaining a 90% or higher per year employee retention rate of assigned Technicians.
Contract Execution Oversight
- Assigns newly sold contracts by the team or received from the sales team to Technicians with available capacity in a timely manner.
- Confirms scheduled work with Contract Manager to notify clients prior to execution.
- Prior to the week’s start, reviews upcoming weekly schedule with Technicians adequate labor, materials and equipment are available according to job estimates
- Communicates daily with Technicians on performance and productivity methods to achieve results.
- Continuously evaluates results and communicates those results to team members, and Production Director. Provides suggestions for improvement to maximize business opportunities and reach company financial goals.
- Visits job sites daily to ensure contract compliance and conducts informal client satisfaction interview on a minimum of 10% of all jobs bi-weekly.
- Ensures that backlog of work is continuously filled and adjusted to meet workload schedule.
- Coordinates purchasing of material to sites to ensure on-time deliveries
- Ensures that Technicians have the appropriate staff, tools and equipment to meet the needs of the assigned work.
- Ensures that Technicians are accurately recording and turning in labor and materials records in a timely manner, as per company policy
- Review and approve payroll/job labor hours, materials and production records daily and submit them promptly to appropriate support staff for processing.
- Completes all request forms pertaining to workforce management, materials, equipment, safety gear, tools etc…in a timely manner to the appropriate party(ies) when needed.
- Ensures that all team members are conducting assigned work in a safe manner, following company policy and procedures as well as equipment/tool manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Promptly addresses any production issues and develops strategies to overcome performance deficits to maintain financial and client service expectations.
Client Service and Sales
- Captures rate of renewal IPM agreements for existing customers at 90% rate or higher.
- Ensure that self and Technicians diligently pursue extras and change orders for existing contracts and that the given goals are being met on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that clients requesting services and responded to promptly and within one week of request.
- Ensure adherence to the company proposal calendar and that contract renewals are delivered in a timely manner, including follow-up with client.
Job Description – IPM Manager
- Actively participates in company marketing, programs, and promotions.
Financial Control and Budget Management
- Reviews and monitors the financial results of all jobs in progress using established company guidelines to ensure that active jobs are achieving the financial performance goals; develops corrective actions with Technicians to resolve performance problems for under-performing jobs.
- Attains actual revenues and profits against budgeting estimates monthly utilizing the Profit and Loss statement for the division.
- Ensures labor and materials direct cost estimates are met or under projections.
- Adjusts labor hours as necessary to ensure adequate financial cost and timely completion.
- Approves all overtime hours prior to work assigned to technicians.
- At the completion of each job, conducts a budget to actual job cost analysis per direct cost line item. Communicates adjustments needed to appropriate parties.
- Periodically reviews Production rates for assigned work and provides feedback to those estimating work.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and conducts periodic counts for all materials on hand, tools, vehicles/equipment, employee uniforms and other direct or indirect costs as required by the company
- Ensures that inventory control sheets UpToDate.
Equipment and Vehicle Use and Care
- Demonstrates good care, cleanliness and custody of truck, trailer, tools and equipment by following preventative IPM procedures and the same for team members.
- Understands and ensures compliance with the driving policies.
- Ensures that all drivers have been properly trained and follow state and federal regulations, including proper licensure, and are in compliance with the company insurance carrier.
- Understands and follows State Weight Station requirements and procedures, as required by law.
- Follows and trains assigned team members on the company procedures for vehicle or equipment breakdown or other incidents.
- Communicates to Technicians the procedures for the usage of snow and ice equipment.
- Follows and communicates to Technicians the procedures for requesting service and/or repair work from the shop staff.
- Actively research new tools, vehicles and equipment available in the marketplace.
- Provide input on the development of the capital budget for their team needs.
Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 year college degree in horticulture, turf management or related field preferred or proven relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of landscape maintenance and IPM processes and applications, and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and sufficiently manage time to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to organize self and work area to maximize efficiency and minimize errors/loss of documentation.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in fluent English with clients, co-workers, government representatives and the public at-large.
- Must possess basic Spanish conversational skills.
Job Description – IPM Manager
- Be able to work with company software BOSS and all its applications.
- Create, Interpret, edit and print information using Excel and WORD software application.
- Create, edit, print written documents using Word software application
- Open, create, send and receive inter and intra-company e-mails
- Must possess a basic knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication & division
- Ability to calculate the following: percentages, area, circumference, volume, diameter by use of basic geometric and other job specific mathematical calculations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. Occasionally, employee will sit, climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move objects up to 100 pounds. Vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees in this position are periodically exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, wind and rain. Employees are occasionally are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees are occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Special Skills and Licensure
- Valid, current Class C license with Medical Card (DOT)
- Pesticide license – Turf, tree, shrub (VA, MD, DC)
- CLT required within 2 years of assuming the position
- Ability to read and interpret landscape blue prints.
- OSHA 10 Hour certification preferred; and /or First-Aid and CPR Certified required within 1 year of accepting position
- General estimating and budgeting system knowledge
- Proficient on job hour tracking system