Position Title: Landscape Maintenance Crewperson ? Level I
Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager
Date Prepared: April 2012
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Landscape Maintenance Crew Person Level One
The primary role of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Person Level I is to provide landscape maintenance services using safe horticultural best practices at the direction of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager in order to fulfill the contracted obligations agreed upon between the client(s) and the company which also serve the best interests of the organization.
The Landscape Maintenance Crewperson I recognizes that successfully meeting client and company expectations supports the future stability and growth of the organization and their own future employment opportunities. A principal company value for all positions is that each individual shall promote a positive company image with clients, among fellow employees, and with the general public. We value each person as a contributing team member within the company.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Exceptional Client Service
- Landscape Maintenance Crew Person must be?polite, cooperative and attentive to client?s requests.
- Ensure arrival each day in a clean uniform and ensure professional dress and conduct at all times during working hours.
- Fulfill required job assignments using proper horticultural practices for all contracted work based on clients expectations.
- Ensure a positive and friendly demeanor and be approachable at all times – with clients, employees and the general public.
- Follow company policy and procedures for managing client relations.
- Communicate all questions/concerns/compliments from the client to the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager to ensure prompt company response.
- Notify Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager of any requested changes to the contract by the client prior to conducting the work.
Landscape Grounds Maintenance/Contract Execution
- Landscape Maintenance Crew Person must be assigned site in a timely manner, fully prepared for the workday.
- Ensure the jobsite is kept clean, safe and organized at all times.
- Assist with properly loading and unloading all necessary equipment and materials from the trucks following established safety guidelines.
Landscape Grounds Maintenance/Contract Execution (continued)
- Landscape Maintenance Crew Person must proficiently perform all maintenance tasks assigned such as mowing, weeding, watering, mulching, pruning, edging, leaf removal, snow removal and any other task assigned by the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Complete all assigned work within in the allowable time estimated to complete the work. Notify Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager in advance if there are any changes to the estimated time for completion.
- Perform snow removal functions in addition to routine grounds maintenance activities as assigned.
- Ensure grounds maintenance tasks are being performed using sound horticulture practices.
- Responsible for cleaning jobsite after the job is completed each day.
Equipment &Tool Use and Care
- Landscape Maintenance Crew Person must comply with all company policies and manufacturer procedures for use and care of equipment/tools.
- Understand the safety risks and comply with the safety procedures for use of each piece of equipment and/or tool.
- Use personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, appropriate clothing) as requested by the company and as recommended by OSHA standards.
- Know the location of first aid kits.
- Safely operate assigned small engine equipment and hand tools only after training and approval has been provided by the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Ensure that the maintenance and cleaning of equipment and tools is conducted in accordance to company policy and manufacturers operating procedures.
- Ensure the tools and equipment are stored safely on the truck/trailer, properly and kept in clean, good working condition when not in use.
- Ensure proper trucks to trailer hook-up procedures are followed for each use once training and acceptable proficiency is established by the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Secure unattended equipment and tools on the jobsite at all times.
- Report immediately to Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager any safety violations, accidents, theft or injuries.
- Attend all equipment training meetings as required.
- Help ensure the assigned company vehicle is in good working condition and is presentable and clean, as per the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager instruction.
Team Participation and Communication
- Landscape Maintenance Crew Person must be?willing to accept directions and suggestions for daily job assignments and improvements from Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Give suggestions to Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager to help problem-solve any obstacles that delay the service from being completed.
- Ask questions if uncertain on any assignment prior to starting assignment.
- Be respectful and tolerant of others behavior and views, but bring discrepancy with Company and/or team policy to the attention of the Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager.
- Be flexible and willing to shift from one crew to another when needed.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Field experience in landscape maintenance preferred, but will train.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. Occasionally, employee will sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees in this position are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, wind and rain. Employees are occasionally are exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of shock. Employees are frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The Landscape Maintenance Crewperson I must possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to meet the daily expectations/goals established by Landscape Maintenance Crew Manager and the company.
- Smoke-free office, vehicles and facilities
- Drug-free workplace
- Working in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Willingness and able to work 50-60 hours per week during peak season